Effective Lesson Plans for Museum Education
4-Week Course starts FALL 2019
- Planning and Preparation
- Analyzing Instructional Outcomes
- Implementing the Backward Lesson Design
- Types of Learning Assessments
- Self-Assessment of Lesson Plans
- Strategies for connecting lesson to museum resources
- Identify the necessary steps to developing effective lesson plans
- Create instructional outcomes for lesson plans that incorporate state standards
- Apply the backwards lesson method
- Differentiate learning assessments
- Evaluate existing lesson plans to identify areas of improvement
- Create new lesson plans that apply the strategies discussed in the course
- Develop strategies for connecting lesson plans to museum resources
Note: This course is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Tyler Sanderlin has worked in the non-profit field since 2002 including local, state, and national institutions. He studied Public History at Middle Tennessee State University, worked in programming at the American Association for State and Local History in Nashville, Tennessee, and served as the Executive Director for the Beauregard-Keyes Historic House in New Orleans, Louisiana. His teaching experience includes middle school, high school and university courses. He made the transition to full time classroom educator in 2014. He has taught Social Studies, Language Arts, and Science courses. His specializations include standard based curriculum development and Exceptional Student Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Answer all quizzes
3. Complete all assignments
When you complete these three items you can expect to receive you certificate within 2 weeks.
1. Try enrolling with a different browser or with a different device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
2. Request that we send you an invoice. This will be emailed to you and you can pay through the link provided in the invoice. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Call us at 214-945-3890 M-F 9am-5pm CT and we can take your credit card payment over the phone.