Intro to Rare Books and Special Collections
4-Week Course Starts July 13, 2020
This course will provide a comprehensive introduction to the world of rare books and special collections and participants will learn the vital skills needed to excel in this field. Quizzes and homework will allow participants to put their new-found knowledge to use immediately.
- Identify the core skills and knowledge needed to successfully manage rare books and special collections
- Understand methods for digitization of rare books
- Recall methods for caring and preserving rare books and special collections
- Recognize the importance of rare book collection development
Frequently Asked Questions
It is an asynchronous online course designed to be completed in 4 weeks.
Participants will spend approximately 2 hours each week on viewing lectures, answering quizzes, and completing written assignments.
It is recommended that you complete each week's work within that week to stay in sync with other learners.
1. View all video lectures
2. Answer all quizzes
3. Complete all written assignments
When you complete these three items you can expect to receive you certificate within 2 weeks.
1. Try enrolling with a different browser or with a different device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
2. Email us at [email protected] for an invoice. This will be emailed to you and you can pay through the link provided in the invoice.