Don't let mold, bugs, and rodents destroy your collection! This course provides basic information about mold and pests and outlines the steps that need to be taken to stop mold growth and control pests in collections.
Carmen Cowick provides training, support and consulting services for libraries in the areas of preservation and collections care. She previously worked as a preservation specialist at Amigos Library Services and in the library and archives of The American Irish Historical Society, The Seamen's Church Institute, and the Special Collections department at CUNY Queens College. She received a bachelor's degree in art history and a master's degree in library science with a certificate in archives and preservation of cultural materials from CUNY Queens College in New York City.
Ms. Cowick has written numerous scholarly articles on preservation-related topics and is the author of the books Digital Curation Projects Made Easy and Crash Course in Disaster Preparedness.
- Recognize when your collections are experiencing a mold outbreak or pest infestation.
- Develop and carry out an initial response to these occurrences.
- Recall how to carry out recovery efforts of damaged materials.
- Identify ways to prevent these incidents from happening in the first place.
Note: This course is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
This course is completely self-paced. You my start and finish whenever you would like.
Will the instructor be available to answer any questions?
Because this is a completely self -paced, the instructor will not be available to answer any questions. If you have any technical problems with accessing the course you may contact email@example.com for help..
Will I receive a Certificate of Completion?
Yes. Once you have completed all the materials, and your course progress reaches 100% a certificate of completion will be automatically emailed to you within 48 hours.
How long do I have access to the course material?
You will have lifetime access to the course.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us within 48 hours of purchase and we will gladly give you a refund.
I am having trouble enrolling. Help!
We're sorry to hear this. Here are some options:
1. Try enrolling with a different browser or with a different device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
2. Request that we send you an invoice. This will be emailed to you and you can pay through the link provided in the invoice. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Call us at 214-945-3890 M-F 9am-5pm CT and we can take your credit card payment over the phone.
My organization can only pay by check. Can I still enroll?
Yes. Email email@example.com and request an invoice be emailed to you. Be sure to list:
1. Names(s) of the participant(s)
2. Your Organization Name
3. The name of the course you wish to enroll in.
This course is not open for enrollment.