Protecting Your Collection: Mold and Pests
Don't let mold, bugs, and rodents destroy your collection! This course provides basic information about mold and pests and outlines the steps that need to be taken to stop mold growth and control pests in collections.
- Recognize when your collections are experiencing a mold outbreak or pest infestation.
- Develop and carry out an initial response to these occurrences.
- Recall how to carry out recovery efforts of damaged materials.
- Identify ways to prevent these incidents from happening in the first place.
Note: This course is designed for individual participation; each individual must enroll.
Carmen Cowick provides training, support and consulting services for libraries in the areas of preservation and collections care. She previously worked as a preservation specialist at Amigos Library Services and in the library and archives of The American Irish Historical Society, The Seamen's Church Institute, and the Special Collections department at CUNY Queens College. She received a bachelor's degree in art history and a master's degree in library science with a certificate in archives and preservation of cultural materials from CUNY Queens College in New York City.
Ms. Cowick has written numerous scholarly articles on preservation-related topics and is the author of the books Digital Curation Projects Made Easy and Crash Course in Disaster Preparedness.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Try enrolling with a different browser or with a different device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
2. Request that we send you an invoice. This will be emailed to you and you can pay through the link provided in the invoice. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Name(s) of the participant(s)
2. Your organization's name
3. The name of the course you wish to enroll in.