Basics to Museum Registration
4-Week Course starts FALL 2022
Learn practical applications of museum registration by learning to identify the day-to-day responsibilities of registrars, and create and manage key documents used regularly in the museum field including:
- Deed of Gift Forms
- Return of Receipts
- Movement Receipts
- Loan Agreements
- Temporary Custody Forms
- Outgoing Object Forms
- Condition Reports
- Accessioning/Deaccessioning Forms
- Identify the day-to-day responsibilities of registrars and basic procedure of accessioning.
- Create, use, manage, and differentiate between key registration documents used regularly in the museum field.
- Recall best practices, policies, and procedures based on institutional needs in a work environment.
- Create a basic tool-kit of core documents and policies designed around best practices.
Andrea Crivello is a museum and library professional passionate about creating social impact through material culture and the public service side of cultural institutions. She holds a Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership from the University of Pennsylvania, a B.A. in Art History, Theory & Conservation from Long Island University and master’s certificates in Contemporary Curatorial Studies and Museum Studies from Goldsmith’s University and Harvard Extension School respectively.
Andrea brings nine years of experience working in museums and fifteen years of library experience. Most recently she held a position as an art and history curator, where she developed annual exhibitions, provided physical and intellectual collections care, and managed an archive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Participants will spend approximately 2.5 hours each week on viewing lectures, answering quizzes, and completing discussion, reading, and written assignments.
It is recommended that you complete each week's work within that week to stay in sync with other learners.
1. View all lectures
2. Answer all quizzes
3. Complete all assignments
When you complete these three items you can expect to receive you certificate within 2 weeks.
1. Try enrolling with a different browser or with a different device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
2. Email us at [email protected] for an invoice. This will be emailed to you and you can pay through the link provided in the invoice.